Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Modifications ^^

It may sound stupid, but I'm thinking of modifications that I'll do to my bike (even though I haven't got it yet!). Basically, there's the one modification which is pretty much a MUST for any new ninja owners. Eradicate that ugly rear tail. If you don't know what i mean, allow me to show you.

Here is the original mud flap/fender/rear tail/ugly p.o.s. that comes with the 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (p.s. it's a flipped image, hence backwards stickers and exhaust on the wrong side ^^)


Now for the massive improvement, spot the difference when a Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator kit has been installed. Impressive hey?


God knows what the Kawasaki designers were thinking when they came up with that. It may have something to do with safety requirements or whatever, but it's just plain ugly and definately needs modification. It seems that to install this kit, some cutting will be required, but I'm sure it won't be too drastic or difficult. For us Aussies, it's most likely that the best deals on the Competition Werkes kits would come direct from the US. With our current exchange rate hovering around $0.95 USD the only concern should be waiting time rather than price. So this is the first modification I'll be doing when I eventually get my bike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now...don't forget to set aside some cash to pay the fine.... This illegal mod is a favourite for a bored member of the popo.