Saturday, June 21, 2008

Aftermarket Exhausts

Although I will only be riding a 2008 Kawasaki 250R Ninja as a Learner's bike, I do think that I will eventually change the stock exhaust. Some may think it's odd that I would spend that much money on a 'Learner's Bike', but truth be told, I think I'll be riding it for at least 3 years so I might as well enjoy it. Considering that I will be going back to Uni for the next 3 years, I don't see how I'd be able to afford an upgrade to a 600 with little or zero income.

There are two aftermarket exhausts that I am particularly interested in checking out. Pretty much it will be the Yoshimura VS Area P, most probably going with the carbon fibre pipe for both options. Although the sounds from home-made youtube videos are notorious for not truly representing the 'real life' sounds, these two exhausts do sound the best out of the current available options.

Below is the Yoshimura VS Stock clip. In the second clip, you can see the Area P VS Stock.





I'd like to hear both exhausts in the flesh, but with the already limited number of 250R's riding around Adelaide, it would be a long time before I would be able to spot both. At the moment, I'm leaning towards the Yoshi.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Teh, now you've got a bit of time on your hands, do a bit of reading on roadcraft along with your modification stuff. That way, you won't trash your mint bike in the first month :-)

Anonymous said...

imo don't modify your Ninja. You can't add much to its 25HP, but you can reduce its value if you stuff up.

If you want a fast 250, get a light 4 cylinder.

Anonymous said...

+1... as bad as the stock one looks, these aftermarket ones are a waste of money. Enjoy the fact that you are riding a sh*t hot 250. Yes 2 fiddy; and leave the inadequacy issues for a shrink!

But if you have the cash to spend then get an Aprilia and really go faster....