Thursday, June 12, 2008

Expenses.. Expenses

Well everybody knows that riding isn't exactly a cheap hobby. I've had my first taste of expenses and sadly they're only about 1/10th of the expected amount I'm gonna have to pay to be on the road for at least 12 months. First of all I went to TransportSA the other day during my lunch break and signed up for the compulsory Rider Safe Basic Course.

Basically it's a beginners course neccesary to obtain your biking L's. Well the basic course which is a 2-day thing (2x 3.5hour days), cost me $317!!! Well I was prepared for it to be steep, but that's deplorable if you consider the price about 12 months ago. I remember my friend telling me it only cost him $120... I blame rising petrol prices and the government. Higher fuel prices create more bikers hoping to save on fuel, which means more people doing the course, and then the government profiteers by jacking up bike related fees. How sucky!

The second bit of parting with money involved me placing the deposit down for my Baby Ninja. Even with that down, I'm still looking at waiting til the end of August. Especially if I really want to wait for my colour preference, which is black. How pathetic hey? Apparently Kawasaki are only releasing the Baby Ninja's in black and red in a 60/40 ratio respectively. Too bad if the market preference is 90/10. Waiting.. waiting.. always waiting...

No comments: